Hawaii 2050 Sustainability Plan
Goals for Hawai‘i 2050
- Goal 1. A Way of Life – Living sustainably is part of our daily practice in Hawai‘i.
- Goal 2. The Economy – Our diversified and globally competitive economy enables us to meaningfully live, work and play in Hawai‘i.
- Goal 3. Environment and Natural Resources – Our natural resources are responsibly and respectfully used, replenished and preserved for future generations.
- Goal 4. Community and Social Well-Being – Our community is strong, healthy, vibrant and nurturing, providing safety nets for those in need.
- Goal 5. Kanaka Maoli and Island Values – Our Kanaka Maoli and island cultures and values are thriving and perpetuated.
These goals reflect the “triple bottom line” that resonated from our meetings with thousands of citizens, stakeholders and experts. They reflect a deeply held sense of where Hawai‘i should be headed. These goals are in no particular order or priority. They are of equal importance, inter-related and inter-dependent of one another.
print this page | download this section (PDF)download full plan (PDF)