Hawaii 2050 Sustainability Plan
The five goals for Hawai‘i 2050
The Hawai‘i 2050 goals are integrated philosophies that express the sustainable future of Hawai‘i. They reflect a deeply held sense of where Hawai‘i should be headed.
print this page | download this section (PDF)download full plan (PDF)
- Living sustainably is part of our daily practice in Hawai‘i.
- Our diversified and globally competitive economy enables us to meaningfully live, work and play in Hawai‘i.
- Our natural resources are responsibly and respectfully used, replenished and preserved for future generations.
- Our community is strong, healthy, vibrant and nurturing, providing safety nets for those in need.
- Our Kanaka Maoli and island cultures and values are thriving and perpetuated.